Discover the Northern Lights, enjoy a husky safari on a sleigh, explore wild nature on a snowmobile and discover breath-taking Lapland in a seven-day trip through this stunning region.
The Lapland Trip?
There aren’t many regions in the world that are as dreamy as magical Lapland. During The Lapland Trip you will spend a week getting to know the various aspects the region has got to offer thanks to outdoor activities offered to you by true locals.
For seven nights, you will stay in a hostel located in an authentic little village that will be the home base for all of your activities, you will also have the choice to reserve a cabin with private sauna.
You’ll stay in the core of Lapland, in an authentic village called Äkäslompolo. You have the opportunity to sleep in one of the nicest hostels in Lapland and surrounding areas: The 7 Fells Hotel.
The hostel consists of a central wooden house with a whole bunch of cosy annexes. You can opt for a private room with a shared bathroom, a flat with your own bathroom or a dormitory with four to eight beds. The building also features a central kitchen where you can cook your own meals if you do not stay in a flat.
You can also choose to sleep in a beautiful chalet nearby with 2 to 4 bedrooms, a large living room and dining area and even a private sauna.
The Week Schedule
To make things easier for you, we have come up with a weekly schedule that features one great activity per day. The activities (all of which are included in the total price, bar the skiing) never take up an entire day so you have plenty of time to relax or explore the region yourself: there’s a real network of walking trails and cross-country routes near the hostel. Kick sleds and snow shoes (not actually shoes) are at your disposal free of charge!
Hike or skiing
Northern Lights expedition
Free time or skiing
In 2019 we plan 4 Lapland Trips where there is room for a maximum of 50 people. In the winter of 2019/2020 we will plan Lapland Trips from Christmas time until the end of March.
- Trip 1: Saturday 26/01 - Saturday 02/02/2019 (SOLD OUT)
- Trip 2: Saturday 02/02 - Saturday 09/02/2019 (SOLD OUT)
- Trip 3: Saturday 09/02 - Saturday 16/02/2019 (SOLD OUT)
- Trip 4: Saturday 16/02 - Saturday 23/02/2019 (SOLD OUT)
Departure and return
- Departure from Belgium: The Brussels-based flight (Zaventem) leaves at 11:40 every Saturday and arrives in Kittilä at 17:40. The week after the flight leaves at 13:35 and arrives at 18:20 in Brussels
- Departure from the Netherlands: The flight from Schiphol leaves at 11:45 and arrives in Kittilä at 17:50. The flight departs the following week on Saturday at 13:35 and arrives at Schiphol at 18:15.
You can take hand luggage of 8kg and a check-in luggage of 23kg.
You will have the choice where to spend your holiday in Lapland. There is a choice between private chalets, a beautiful hostel in the middle of the woods, or hotel rooms in the city center of Äkäslompolo. Your own chalet: We have large and luxurious chalets in the woods nearby Äkäslompolo with 2 to 4 bedrooms. All chalets have a large living and dining area, free WIFI, their own balcony and a private sauna.Bed linen and towels are included. The 7 Fells Hostel: an ecological, small-scale lodge in the woods 300 metres from the village Äkäslompolo.
There is free WIFI, coffee and tea. Those who sleep in a room or dorm without private kitchen can make free use of the communal kitchen. Bed linen and towels are included.
Dorm for 4, 6 or 8 people
You can choose to sleep in a dorm where you share the spacious room with others. In the corridor you will find the extremely well-maintained sanitary facilities. You can cook in the communal kitchen.
If you make a booking of 4, 6 or 8 people you can reserve the full dorm (if still available).
Private Room for 2 people
You can also choose (+ 150€/person) to reserve a private room with two people or by yourself. This private room has a comfortable double bed and a wardrobe. You share the bathroom facilities with others.
Studio for 2 people
Those who want more luxury can also opt for a Studio (+ 200€/person): it has its own bathroom with toilet and its own kitchenette.
The Lapland Hotel provides double bedrooms in a 3* hotel in the city center of Äkäslompolo.
How the activities are organisedThe activities are always organised in small groups of 5 to max. 15 people. There is always a local guide who knows the region as the back of his hand. For each activity you will be picked up on the stay at a predetermined time. After the activity you will be dropped off at your residence too.
Why participate in The Lapland Trip?
We are convinced that the Lapland Trip contains all the elements to make your trip an absolute top experience..
- Unique stay in the middle of nature
- Both English-speaking guidance and guidance from locals
- An affordable price
- The complete logistical framework (pick up/drop off at airport, activities, accommodation, snow shoes, ...) - so you do not have to worry
- Activities offered in collaboration with local specialists from the region
On every trip there is someone who speaks English. The activities themselves are guided by locals who grew up in the region, speak English and will teach you a lot about the local culture, fauna and flora.
In the village of Äkäslompolo you have several options, you can find both a supermarket and some local restaurants where you can enjoy some food. The hostel has a communal kitchen where you can prepare your own meals. All shops, bars and restaurants are within walking distance.
FAQHow much does all of this cost?
The price depends on the accommodation you choose, you can already fly from 795€ per person excluding flights..
- Transport to and from your Kittilä airport (if you have reserved the flight)
- 7 nights in The 7 Fells Hostel in dorms, private rooms or apartment
- The Lapland Trip Guide with all possible activities, a history about the region and tips & tricks
- Husky trip and visit Husky farm (Hullu)
- Northern Lights safari
- Reindeer trip and visit to the Reindeer Farm
- Snowmobile tour
- Snowshoes and thermal clothing during the activities (depends from day to day)
- Outgoing and return flights from Brussels or Amsterdam to Kittilä (490€ and possible to book at the reservation)
- Expenses for food and drinks
- Optional: Ski equipment and ski pass (to be booked on site)
- Allianz travel assistance insurance (+39 EUR)
- Cancellation insurance (+79 EUR)
The Lapland Trip is organized by Travelbase, , a travel company that has organized thematic trips since 2010 for 20,000 adventurers every year. In addition to The Lapland Trip, we also organize Canoe Trips in Sweden, Vespa Trips in Italy, and ski trips. You can find the complete range here.
Join The Trip
Unfortunately the 2019 season is completely sold out. Want to be part of this breathtaking experience in 2020? Pre-register now to secure your place.